Re: udev rule for running a ALSA to Jack bridge when USB device is plugged in

On 03.12.19 17:32, Len Ovens wrote:
On Tue, 3 Dec 2019, Max wrote:

I was trying to create a udev rule to start a zita-a2j ALSA to Jack bridge automatically if i plug in a specific USB device.
Has anyone succeeded doing something like this?
One issue is that the user is wrong, udev rules are not launched by the user account.

I chose the other route and listen to the system side of dbus for the right signal. This does mean there has to be something running to monitor dbus. The up side is that daemon also knows that jack is actually running and so only starts zita-ajbridge if there is a jack to work with.

Ah, that's interesting. I'm curious about the approach but have no idea where you would install such a dbus listening script. Would it be possible to be a bit more specific or even share such script for everyone to adapt?

M.