Re: zita-a2j Pegging CPU

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019, Scott Cazan wrote:

I've been having this issue with zita-a2j launching into 100% CPU usage fairly
frequently when I am running Carla, one VST (Audeze Reveal Plugin), and using
Ubuntu Studio 19.04.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior before and knows what might be
happening?

I certainly wish I knew what was happening. But yes I have seen similar things normally if the USB device zita-ajbridge happens to be using at the time, is unplugged. Restarting Jack always fixes it for me.

If you are using ubuntustudio-controls to run jack, I would suggest filing a bug against that package as development is ongoing. Controls does send a SIGKILL to the PID of the zita-ajbridge if it detects the removal of a USB device but that does not always seem to be effective. If there is a better way to terminate zita-ajbridge I too would like to know.

So of course sitting here and maddly plugging and unplugging a USB device does not trigger this behaviour while I watch :P This may be because I am using a newer version of ubuntustudio-controls than you are.

zita-ajbridge does not seem to detect a vanished device itself. I would guess alsa does not have a callback for that.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net