Re: Adjusting velocity curve for individual MIDI keys?

Am 08.09.19 um 16:45 schrieb S.:
I'm looking for
some easy Linux compatible options for something I can plug into Jack to
modify the velocity curve of *specific keys* before the signal reaches the
synthesizer program. Any tips? Thanks!

a) If you want to use plugins, look at the x42 midifilter.lv2 collection. You can combine the Keyrange/Keysplit filter with the Velocity Scale filter to effect only certain notes (or a rage of notes).

https://github.com/x42/midifilter.lv2/

You can create a network of these plugins in Carla and save them as a Carla project, so you can load them all up easily at once.

b) If you're more a command line type of guy, look a mididings. You create a chain of MIDI processors as text file (in Python syntax, but it's really only a kind of config file) and then run mididings on it, which will provide a MIDI port with the processed output.

http://das.nasophon.de/mididings/

The documentation has an example of applying a velocity scaling curve:

http://dsacre.github.io/mididings/doc/start.html#examples

c) Pianoteq has function were you can interactively learn the velocity response of your keyboard and create a velocity map from it, which can be edited further manually, I think.

Chris