Re: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD occasionally drops out of ALSA.

You seem to think that my mainboard doesn't supply enough power to X-Fi HD. through a USB cable.
I just plugged it into a USB 3.0 port. But, I have to test it for a while.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 9:55 AM Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 09:35:09 +0900, crocket wrote:
>It drops out especially when I boot. This drop-out happens
>occasionally.
>
>I thought my mainboard was dying, but other USB devices weren't
>dropping out.
>
>Do I need to get a replacement for my USB soundcard?
>Or, is it a software issue?

It seems to be bus powered, if so, then for testing purpose use a very
short USB cable and test different USB ports, if possible test with an
active USB hub, too.