Re: Copyleft Music Made With Linux : Sebkha-Chott last album (oriental avantgarde rock)

On 8/3/19 8:26 PM, ORL - AMMD wrote:
Hi!

Some of you already know Sebkha-Chott, some others don't. For those ones, Sebkha-Chott was a french avantgarde rock band, implying three musicians (2 bass/guitar players, one drummer) and a bunch of free softwares (synths, loopers, samplers, mixers, and even light manager and VJ-ing).

Yes. Love Sebkha-Chott!

Sebkha-Chott ended up his 15 years story in December 2015.

Bummer. I guess I should stop loving bands. Every time I do, they break up.

Still we recorded our last album called CRPTS ND TPSTRZ in 2014, and it took some time for me to mix and master it (with ardour), so it's out just by now. It's been thought as a "concerto" between a small acoustic band and very electrised things. It opens on a very light sequence, but there's some harder things to come then...

You can listen to it here: https://sebkhachott.bandcamp.com/album/crpts-nd-tpstrz

That I will do. And even send money your way! What previous Sebkha albums are available?

And check out Plagiat, even though rap is way too old to be considered avantegarde.

And you can check the VERY LAST video of Sebkha-Chott here (subtitles in english available): https://vimeo.com/347468468

:)

--
David W. Jones