Re: jconvolver does not find a running Jack2 server

Hi!

Le 06/08/2019 à 20:24, Chris Caudle a écrit :
On Tue, August 6, 2019 12:10 pm, Moshe Werner wrote:

Normally I would use Cadence to start Jack
Checking jconvolver after starting jackd on the command line would give
indication whether Cadence is starting jackd in an unexpected way.

Yep, could be. Once I got a similar problem (a long time ago), and the fact is, I played with the jack server name options, and finally the apps couldn't recognize the jack server running (iirc because of that jack server name). It might be that Cadence runs jack with a specific server name, and that you have to run every app through Cadence.

Another thing I'm thinking of, it might be that Cadence doesn't allow self-connection from applications (there is an option in Ladish for that, so that you don't have connexions messing up between those made by Ladish and those made by the apps themselves). If yes, then maybe jconvolver just wants to connect to some jack ports at startup and as Cadence doesn't allow it, then it stops.

In both cases, starting with jack in terminal, as Chris said, and checking whether you can run jconvolver then will already help avoiding some hypothesis.