Full-featured mixers

Hi list. Just continuing a thread I probably should have
 started here instead of on Jack lists.

I was trying to say I was disappointed that apparently
 a user had trouble with some hardware volumes.
So I lamented the lack of hardware controls in general
 mixers these days. They used to show all ALSA controls.

I found a tip for KMix to show ALSA *not* Pulse controls:
  "export KMIX_PULSEAUDIO_DISABLE=1 && kmix"
But unfortunately it's either Pulse or ALSA, not both at the
 same time in KMix. To me that's a bad thing.

So I want to give a big shout out for QasMixer
 https://sourceforge.net/projects/qastools/
 and ask what general mixers you might use and what
 you think of QasMixer and QasHctl. They're pretty cool.
They show all my ice1712 controls.

I think a desktop mixer icon should eventually bring you
 to something like that instead of only Pulse.
What do you think?

Tim.