Re: how to match tempos

Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 1:34 PM <wferi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Suppose I've got recordings of two live performances of some piece.  I'd
>> like to mix them but their tempo is slightly different and each one also
>> varies naturally.  What is a good workflow for time-stretching one of
>> the recordings to match the tempo of the other?
>
> Sonic Visualiser
> It was more or less made for this.

Thanks for pointing me to Sonic Visualiser, Paul, it looks really
interesting.  I could get an A-B time map out of it, but not a mix or
any time-stretched audio: it does not seem to actually perform the
effect.  How do I proceed from here?  Do I find a time stretch plugin
which I can automate with the derivative of this time map, or..?
--
Thanks,
Feri