Re: memlock limits not set correctly?

Am 16.01.19 um 23:12 schrieb Bill Gribble:
On 1/16/19 5:02 PM, Michael Jarosch wrote:
I also tried this on my laptop, a debian testing system:
:~$ ulimit
unlimited

:~$ ulimit -l
65536

Can someone explain the difference?
/etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf says:

@audio   -  rtprio     95
@audio   -  memlock    unlimited

Thanks for this.  I too am on a Debian system, so this is probably a
Debian-specific problem.

"ulimit" with no arguments prints the maximum file size limit, and is
a synonym for "ulimit -f".

To see all user limits, "ulimit -a".  "ulimit -l" just prints the
maximum size of a memory locked segment in MB.

The behavior you are seeing is the same as mine: the limit setting in
/etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf is not being respected (assuming
that the user from which you printed that transcript is in the "audio"
group).

I have opened a Debian bug report against the "libpam-modules" package
(containing pam_limits.so, the module that actually reads and applies
the /etc/security/limits.{conf,d} limits).  We'll see what happens!

bg

I'm using debian/sid and remember that I've seen similar issue with gdm
systemd and pam some years ago, therefor I switch to slim login-manager
and never see it again.