Re: Beat slicing

Hi Josh,

Is there an app that is good for beat slicing that is currently
maintained?  At one time I used Freecycle
(http://freecycle.redsteamrecords.com/), but it's no longer in the
Debian repos.  I'm looking for a tool that will allow me to load up a
loop of some length and auto-detect slices based on transients (or
some other condition) and export those slices to wav files.  Doing
this manually works fine, but having something to shave a little time
off the process would be nice.

Beside Shuriken, you might also be interested of taking a look at :
- https://objectivewave.wordpress.com/beatslash-lv2/ (maintained)
- http://hitmuri.net/index.php/Software/Tranches (unmaintained but still building & working on a Debian Stretch) - maybe the new ZamGrain plugin from https://github.com/zamaudio/zam-plugins (not sure if it would fulfill your needs tho)

Hope that helps.
Olivier