Re: [New music] Chapeau D'Empereur

On 09/26/2018 10:39 AM, Jeanette C. wrote:
Hey hey,
this is an upbeat EDM/dance/dubstep track. It was fun to make and hopefully will be; fun to listen to or move to. :) In musical terms an experiemtn to see how far my setup can take me towards dubstep:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/cde.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/cde.mp3

Musicians may guess at the origiin of the name, more lazy lack of creativity than anything else.

On the Linux side this track uses Yoshimi as a doubling for the EDM pluck/supersaw like sound and LinuxSampler for the celesta and doubling of the strings. The song was sequenced in Midish and recorded, processed and mixed in Nama. Many LADSPA and LV2 effects were used, including - but not limited to - Fons Adriaensen's Chorus, the gate from the SWH plugins, Invada studio compressor, Guitarix distortion, a few CAPS plugins, Fons' FIL plugin and more...

Feedback is welcome and joy is desired. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

OK, I listened.
I normally absolutely detest anything resembling EDM.
But I think this piece is well laid out and executed nicely.
It sounds like a fair bit of detailed work went into it.
It has an actual ebb and flow to it with well-placed breaks,
 giving it what appears to me as somewhat of an 80's flavour,
 like say Whitney Houston could have sung to it.
I can even imagine some electric guitar in there, something
 normally impossible with typical unworthy EDM.

Cheers.
Tim.