Re: reducing xruns (System configuration)

Hi Max,
for a start, do look at /proc/interrupts as suggestd by the script. Looking at /proc/asound/cards will also give you a list of your currently recognised ALSA soundcards.

Set the IRQ of the soundcard that you want to use for your realtime audio. And probably do it with:
export VARIABLENAME=irq_number
(if you're in bash/sh).

Next, you might want to check your swap-space. I had problems with that. My hard disk is a little slow and both swapping and recording/streaming from the same disk might cause issues. If you're drive is new and fast enough: don't worry.

If you're using JACK, check the periods and buffersize. Perhaps it's a little low.

The quickscan script didn't find your filesystem types, it appears, unless that was only the missing /tmp to which that "not found" referred. Check your partition filesystems. You can look at /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab. The first specifies how your partitions should be handled, but that might contain the odd automatic discovery. mtab gives you the status quo of everything currently mounted. Don't worry about all the /proc, /sys and /dev items.

In the end, you might want to install a kernel with realtime preemtion. Since it's kubuntustudio, I exptect they have a preemt kernel in their package repos.

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------