Re: Jack, onboard souncard and headset

On 12. juli 2018 18:02, Len Ovens wrote:
Two things depending on which way your laptop works. Some internal audio setups will show the speakers (sometimes labeled "Front") and headphones as two levels and just turning up the level you need will fix this. Others don't. In this case try looking at this:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=983667#p983667

Using hda_analyzer to find out which pins your system uses seems to be the hardest part.

Thanks for your suggestions, Len! It seems to have been some sort of 'system hickup' - after rebooting connecting my headset works as expected (I did open ALSAmixer in a terminal, but didn't change any settings there).

Thanks again for replying.

Alf