Re: Ubuntu 18.04 can't stop Jack from qjackctl

On Sat, 7 Jul 2018, Dale Powell wrote:

Hi all.

I've been using Ubuntu Studio since 14.04, always run with Jack as the main audio
server and generally never had any issues. Upgraded to Ubuntu Studio 18.04 and
everything was fine for some months but within the last week or so I can't get
the Jack Server to Stop from within QJackCtl, the application just hangs, making
it quite a pain to change between using my internal and external devices!

Any idea what may be causing this or steps to fault find the issue?

I am running ubuntustudio 18.04 and have not had that issue. the first thing to try is from the command line try:
jack_control stop
or:
jack_control exit
Either of which should also stop jackdbus. If these give you an error as well, then jackdbus is the problem. if they work, the problem would be with qjackctl itself.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net