Re: [Rosegarden-user] RG 17.04 seems to leave lock files behind

On 01/10/2018 07:59 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 08:40:55 -0500
Ted Felix <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 01/10/2018 02:46 AM, david wrote:
Was completely unable to duplicate the problem.

Must have been the phases of the moon or something. Thanks for fixing it
quantum-mechanics-style simply by turning your attention toward it! :)

   Ha!  Computers are afraid of me.

   Lock file problems tend to happen when rg crashes.  My best guess is
that it was crashing when it was going down and now it isn't.

Ted.

Another way that's caught me (rather more often than I'd like to admit) is
shutting down the desktop, without first shutting down Rosegarden.

Didn't do that!

Wasn't there some discussion on adding some kind of time stamp to the lock
file, so that it will ignore one that was (say) over 24 hour old.

I don't remember if there was a timestamp in the orphaned lockfile, but it clearly wouldn't have been over 24 hours old.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx