Re: How to get started writing a JACK app?

Hi,

I’m new to this list. I’m thinking of giving low latency real time audio in Linux another try after my last unsuccessful attempt a few years ago. My goal is to put some of my own DSP code into a hardware appliance and use it to process audio signals during music rehearsals and performances.

I think this boils down to getting an appropriate distro, getting JACK working in a low latency configuration with a multichannel USB interface. And then …

Writing a JACK app to process the audio.

I’ve done some googling and found a lot about _using_ JACK, but not much about writing a JACK app.

Are there any examples or tutorials out there?

I’m already up to speed on doing C++ cross development with Eclipse.

I’ve got a BeagleBone black sitting around here I could use to experiment.

  • Andy