Re: focusrite-control running in wine

Dear Robin,

Am 17.12.2017 um 15:06 schrieb Robin Gareus:

I don't know about wine, but the main issue is that if the device is
used by ALSA (kernel driver), you cannot at the same time access it from
a user-space application (maybe try unloading the ALSA snd-usb module,
but I would not get my hopes up).

Well, if I remove the usb sound module, it gets reloaded by plugging in the device.
Blacklisting it doesn't  make sense to me.
Note, that I can access the 18i20 within wine from MPT (a windows programm) and it works fine.
Maybe the Focusrite ASIO driver can't work inside wine.

At some point Focusrite changed the USB-IDs, and perhaps also the
protocol. As far as I know, nobody has yet investigated or reverse
engineered those.

The 2nd generation seemingly uses a different protocol.

see also:
https://focusritedevelopmentteam.wordpress.com/2012/04/23/linux-and-focusrite-novation-products/
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15810

there's also  < https://lists.columbia.edu/pipermail/portaudio/2017-June/001198.html >,
not sure whether it's related. There's not much information available.

Best regards,
Peter