Re: Control iPad synth

Hi Chris,

ok, thank you.

Unfortunately the A&H mixer works as audio interface but does not offer MIDI, so I would need two MIDI interfaces and connect both via MIDI cables.

I'm not sure what the capabilities of the iConnect are. Does it route
(digital?) audio from the iPad into the computer?

Yes.

https://www.amazon.com/HDE-Synthesizer-Microphone-Instrument-Converter/dp/B00D3QFHN8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8

Will this cheap interface work as "MIDI card" under Linux?

Another idea: the iPad also has something called Network MIDI via WiFi. Is that the same thing as rtpMIDI? Is there something like that for Linux? I found some sources in the internet but did not quite understand how to set this up.

Oliver