Re: MOTU AVB series sample rate issue, JACK, and PulseAudio

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Be <be.0@xxxxxxx> wrote:

So I have tried using JACK regularly with the PulseAudio to JACK bridge. Unfortunately this has some quirks too. JACK won't start unless I wait several seconds after plugging in the Ultralite AVB. I

​I've seen this and I just live with it. I change SR once in a blue moon. It just isn't that important to me. ​ I suspect it really does that the MOTU unit a long time to reset to a new SR. JACK will start eventually.

Has anyone contacted MOTU about the sample rate switching issue? Ideally they could make it just work when the computer tells the audio interface to switch sample rates.

Also, has anyone contacted them about possibly changing the firmware so the web interface is available over USB on Linux?

​if you have an AVB unit, why bother with USB?​ My impression (which could be wrong) was that it would work if you have the correct kernel module loaded. I don't know which module that is.