New behaviors of jackd, jackdbus, qjackctl, cadence?

In the current rebuild of my BNR ( http://lsn.ponderworthy.com ), I noticed that I could not get qjackctl to cooperate with jackdbus, though traditional manual startup seems to work very well.  The Arch wiki said that qjackctl is becoming outmoded, and recommended 'cadence', part of the KXStudio toolset, instead; cadence cooperates with dbus better, but doesn't autostart, and I'm missing something in the compilation which will ungray the patchbay autoarrange.  Anyone have corroboration and/or new best practices?  I am using Manjaro, but saw the same behavior when I tested Debian Stable and Testing.

--
Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (785)233-9977
Hear us at http://ponderworthy.com -- CDs and MP3s now available!