Re: A guide for beginners

On 16/07/17 17:07, Leandro Noferini wrote:
Ciao a tutti,

I am an old fashion (also for age ;-)) ) musician but also a old linux
enthusiast so I can read quite anything about musical theory and I can
install, configure and use linux programs. Now I would like to join
these two worlds and begin to understand and use linux to make music but
I need something to begin: is there a guide or something similar for a
beginner?
Ciao e benvenuto :)

Are you using a Debian-derived (Like Ubuntu or Mint, or like 2/3 of Linux distros nowadays?) if yes, here's my Guide for beginners for you :

1-Install the KXStudio repos (copy & paste the commands on the "Repositories" page)
2-Install a sequencer and a truckload of plugins : sudo apt install qtractor kxstudio-meta-audio-plugins-lv2
3-Read tutorials and watch videos, you'll be allright ; Ouh, ouh! And don't forget (please, really) to subscribe to my YouTube channel, it's free and Unfa nearly pays his phone bill with it lucky bastard (I only use pre-paid cards, being poor is not cheap) of course don't miss his videos too, it's so much better than TV :)
4-Publish

yPhil

Yassin Philip      New album NOW
http://yassinphilip.bitbucket.io