Re: OT: Monitor setups

On 05.05.2017 04:26, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
In the real
world we are using a patchbay, to easily connect messy placed gear.In
short, QjackCtl does the right thing, while IMO the approach of
Patchage is (to put it politely) absurd.

There's nothing polite about that. Likewise, there's nothing polite to say about that dimwitted comparison to physical gear.

Are you even aware of Patchage's automatic layout feature?

https://i.stack.imgur.com/XYfo7.png
vs
http://www.penguinproducer.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/screenshot542.png

When I'm still busy carefully tracing the lines and double checking which rows they belong to in Qjackctl, for a handful of connections, I could have grokked an entire setup shown in Patchage in the same time.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/