Re: OT: Monitor setups

On Tue, 2 May 2017, Antony Gelberg wrote:

Oops, indeed I meant video monitors. *blush*

On 2 May 2017 at 15:44, Moshe Werner <moshwe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

      On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Antony Gelberg
      <antony.gelberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Hi all,
As somewhat-on-topic posts seem to be welcome here:
 1. When working with audio, do you use more than one monitor?
 2. If so, how do you generally divide things up between the
    monitors, for different stages of the process?

Two monitors... 4 workspaces. Not really standard I would imagine. One workspace is all online stuff, browser on one side, terminal logged into the server for irc, mail, server maint (using screen) on the other.

Workspace 2 is all audio, editor on one side and mixer on the other (Ardour)... also some terminals around as I run from command line (makes testing easier) and Open-Stage-Control because I do OSC testing right now.

Workspace 3 is open in case my wife asks for a scan or I want to update the family web site with new pictures or whatever.

Workspace 4 (lower right) is my development set. left has Geany and right has various terminals and file browsers open.

It used to be that if I was using a softsynth or hydrogen I would have them in a separate workspace as well, but plugins have replaced most of that any more. I also do more analog recording than synth as I have not gotten the sound/feel I want from drum machine stuff... though this may change things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrr9lr_Pbkg&t=54s
(Developed in Ardour, thanks Nick)

--
Len Ovens