PureData: reading the text files / list of objects

Hey hey,
I currently have a PureData patch, but can't use PD, because it's a GUI. So I need to figure out its workings by reading and interpreting the text. Is there a manual or other concise reference work to help me in this endeavour? Not being familiar with PD - and its terminology - at all, simply searching hasn't yielded any helpful results.

Thanks for any practical hints, in advance.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3