Re: jack, pulse = confusion, at least for me

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017, Mac wrote:

Ok, so since I have done nothing to change anything from a default UBStudio
16.04, then I should be able to assume I'm working with jackd2.

If I understand your reply, dbus provides some magic that allows pulseaudio (as
installed with UBS16.04) to see when a jackd2 server is started and create the
pulseaudio source/sinks.

and the ds... arguments start the alsa source/sinks

Ya, I could have been a little more explanitory there... like I said the documentation is just not there. Jack_control is written in python so it is possible to directly read the source, but I found that running jack_control with no arguements gives usage. from there I noted that dl will return a list of drivers, dp will get me a list of what the current driver parameters are and default to. il gies a sililar list for internals etc. yu will notice a lot of the commands are to "get" information. It would be handy to take all of this stuff and make a man page I am guessing.

...the fog begins to clear. ;)

Good :)

--
Len Ovens