Re: Default (instrument plugins) tuning frequency

On 02/01/17 11:02, Jeanette C. wrote:
Jan 2 2017, Yassin Philip has written:
Is there such thing as a default tuning "norm" or (most probably) does every plugin do what it wants to do?
The default or standard tuning for typical western musical instruments
is at 440Hz. There are variations, when it comes to concert pitch. I
believe that the Americans sometimes choose 441 or 442Hz. But every
hardware synth - that I know of - is tuned to 440Hz with a well-tempered
scale.
That was the answer I wanted, thanks!! :)

If your scale is well-tempered one Hertz shouldn't matter much though, unless
at very low frequencies.
Huh. I beg to differ ; specially on the high strings, my guitars and bass have to be tuned accordingly. Let me rephrase that: If I get everything tuned, all harmonics OK, flashing strobe lights aligning and all, on this guitar, and then, on the tuner (GXTuner on the master bus) change from 440 to 441, it *does* matter much. Both perceivably (it's somehow worse that being plain out of tune) and visually, on the tuner's display.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3

--
Yassin Philip - New album out NOW
http://yassinphilip.bitbucket.org