Re: Allen&Heath Ice-16

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016, Georg Krause wrote:

i am considering to buy a Ice-16, maybe an Ice-16D. The reason i want
this is that you can use it as multi track recorder or as soundcard. But
i can only use it as soundcard if its working with linux, but i cannot
find anything with google.

I have not seen that product before. It may be newer than when I was looking (though with firewire...).

So the question: Has anyone ever tried to use the ice-16 with linux? did
it worked? or is there no way?

I can't say for sure with this unit itself, but I do know the Qu16/24/32 series products do work with linux. Not personal experience, but I have read of people using them with Linux. They need no drivers to work with OSx which is always a good sign (from http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/ice-16d/#tab5) "ICE-16D is Core Audio compliant so there are no drivers required for Mac computers."

One should consider windows a non-compliant OS I guess...

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net