Re: Focusrite 18i20 vs Behringer FCA1616/UMC1820 - Was: PreSonus 1818VSL vs Focusrite 18i20

> You seem to have better luck than I've got. My PCIe RME card doesn't
> work correctly with Linux, so I want to replace it by an USB audio
> interface, apart from this the USB interface must work with iOS, too.

I use a RME Raydat interface.
I managed to get no xruns while recording, and some xruns when using
virual instruments like setBfree (which I like very much).
I only use vanilla kernels with threadirq and I assign high priority
to the card interrupt.
The machine is sandy bridge with core i7 processor and 8GB ram.

Johannes Kroll wrote:
> are you referring to the hardware level monitoring, related to the
> VU-meter display of the windows mixer app?

About the Focusrite, Johannes Kroll is right the meter was removed
from the kernel driver (I don't know why). I was speaking about the
internal mixer, which can mix hardware inputs and computer outputs to
the hardware outputs of the card.

I use Ardour internal meter to check the input signals, I think the
lack of hardware metering is not a problem IMHO.

Ciao
Guido