Using commandline app to mark/detect sounds above a threshold

Hey hey again,
the next thing I'm looking for is a program to detect volume over a certain threshold, which can print out a marker there. This function should - at best - be able to ignore new peaks within a certain period of time, like a gate with very long release times.

To elaborate the scenario: I'm recording myself sleeping, to a) find involuntary actions and b) do quick narrations of dreams, should I wake up and remember anything. So, I'd like to jump to the short moments of "action" within the relative silence.

Any help is appreciated, thanks for staying with me.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3