Re: Mixbus 32C (based on Ardour) and Reaper shootout

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, jonetsu wrote:

And of course, the workflow is not in question.  It was brought up
here, but it's not the goal of the comparison.

except that workflow does affect the final product. For example, a knob in plain view on MB and only in a plugin GUI that may not be on screen may be adjusted on MB and not in Reaper. At least these are pretty simple mixes. There is drums and a few guitars (vocals are glaring in their lack as the projects the 32c are known for focus on vocals). The drums are most complex to mix/set up, but seem to be pretty much the same from one to the next in micing/mixing. It says a lot about the engineer's (producer too I think) focus and vision. (no I do not mean eyesight)

So yes workflow is in question. From other comments there is a thumbs up for MB workflow just because of how close the two mixes are with such a short lead time.... or maybe not, we do not know how long the engineer played with MB before this test. Even more missing info.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net