Re: Mixbus 32C (based on Ardour) and Reaper shootout

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, Robert Edge wrote:

I've heard enough Line 6 products mixing live bands to be skeptical of emulations
in general.

I would take my tech21 pedal over Line 6 any day (I like it better than guitarix for that matter, but that may be my settings). Neither the tech21 or the line 6 have any tubes in them, but the tech21 sounds closer by far with a good solid state amp into a 12 inch speaker. Line 6 is not a good comparison.

line 6 tries to emulate a large modification, Mixbus is more subtle. Not a good comparison.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net