Re: Laptop sound problems

On 28/09/16 15:49, Len Ovens wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, Bill Purvis wrote:

On 27/09/16 14:51, Len Ovens wrote:

you need module-jackdbus-detect. the package is pulseaudio-module-jack in debian/ubuntu. You also need to use jackd2 rather than jackd1.

Installed that, but still no sound. Shut down Jackd and it bursts into sound.
Tried to restart Jack but it fails:

Run pavucontrol. In the playback tab under the stream you are listening to there will be a box with the name of your audio device. clicking on that gives a drop down ... select jack sink. Sound should return. Then go to the output devices tab and find jack sink. There is a square button with a checkmark in it to "set as fallback". clicking on this makes that the default.

In my case, I unload the PA alsa module and the PA udev module so that pulse only ever sees the jack sink and then run jack at session start.

In my opinion, Pulse has the front end jackd should have always had and jackd provides a stable backend that pulse should have always had.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net

Bill