Re: limits.conf not applied in Ubuntu 16.10

> Hi all,
> Is testing Ubuntu 16.10 these days, noticed something interesting.
>
> Since upgraded to 16.10 Yakkety, modifications in /etc/security/limits.conf are
> not taken into consideration when logging in the graphical interface.
>
> Reported the bug already to Ubuntu, but if I could find a workaround in the
> meantime...
>
> /etc/security/limits.conf:
> @audio   -  rtprio     99
> @audio   -  memlock    unlimited
>
> I tried the same settings in /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf, to the same
> results.

The standard way of setting this in ubuntu/debian is to install jackd from
the command line:
sudo apt-get install jackd2
and answer the realtime dialog yes... then logout and back in. If you have
already installed jackd from some GUI installer, then you may need to add
the --reinstall flag to force the install script to run.

AFAIK, answering "yes" to that question does create the audio.conf file as described above.
And that's the problem, the audio.conf file is not being taken into consideration when login via lightdm.