Re: Interlude for Sonatina Orchestra strings

Hi David,

https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/interlude-for-sonatina-strings

Just checking out the violin and cello samples.

Has that library been updated in the last year? I remember the samples being much less aesthetically pleasing than your recording--at least compared to commercially available libraries. You can, though, still hear the loop points on the sustains, unfortunately.

I don't know much about the library, this piece is my first use of it. I tried to employ the samples for their strengths, limiting the played ranges and avoiding any special articulations or ornamentation. The loop points are audible, though again I tried to make a virtue of the defect during the sustained sections (using the loop points as phrase markers). Mind, I'm a complete amateur at using samples in the modern way (i.e. with articulation files), so this is a rather primitive demonstration, performance-wise.

I'll try using some of the library's other sounds, maybe another piece will come from more experimentation.

Thanks for lending your ears ! :)

Best,

dp