Re: [Music] Sans titre - Without title

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016, Robert Edge wrote:

"Probably setting the MPAII to +4 and using the ADC level in mudita24 to keep the
1010 from clipping will give best results, but it would not hurt to try -10 also
with the ADC level higher. Let your ears and meters judge."

There is no actual analog volume control on the 1010LT's RCA inputs, it's just
doing multiplication on the captured signal after the ADC.  If you are clipping
the input turning the volume down in the software interface just gives you a
scaled down version of the clipped signal.

good to know. I have not experienced this on the delta66, but my levels may have been lower so it doesn't show up. Also I think the D66 is built for +4 in any case.

It is better to monitor the actual numbers coming off of the ADC chip.  That way
0 dbFS on your meter in Ardour or whatever is actually 0dbFS at the ADC.

Yes.

In Envy24 control that means setting the 'analog volume' slider to 127, that's
where you are actually seeing what's coming off the chip.  Above that and the

Or if you have a newer version of Envy24control (version 1.0.4 here) the setting would be +0. (newer versions of envy24control are called mudita24)

(been using a 1010LT on Linux since 2006 or so...)

Thank you for your correction. I have been using the D66 about as long, but there are differences.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net