Re: Commandline EBU R128 metering

On Fri, June 3, 2016 3:09 am, Daniel Swärd wrote:
> Are there any command line tools with which I can adjust an audio file
> to a certain LUFS level?

If you have already checked the current level with ebur128, you can use
sox to adjust up or down by a gain specified in decibels.

You should also check whether sox now includes a measurement using R128
standard, possibly the adjustment could be performed automatically with
one command.  I don't have time at the moment to check the sox
documentation, there are so many command possibilities with sox I always
spend a long time just searching the command line options for the
combination that does what I need.  I do know for sure that simple gain is
one of the simpler operations, so manually measuring with ebur128 and then
using sox to apply gain should be reasonably easy.

--
Chris Caudle