Re: Question on Active Sensing message.

Robert - we went over this on IRC.

Contrary to you apparent pre-existing belief, *most* MIDI equipment does NOT send active sense messages. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish (you said you planned to write your own software), but if it is based around the idea that MIDI gear sends active sense messages when connected, it isn't going to work in the general case.

--p