Re: Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK mixer/interface

Users of cheapest mixing consoles usually don't really need inserts or
patchbays. As soon as you have got a good reason for inserts, you most
likely have got a good reason, to get a more expensive mixer and
perhaps patchbays in addition. More expensive mixers might not need
inserts either, because you might get modules for the channels, that
could replace the inserted gear. Each insert provides a contact
surface, that could cause issues, if no external equipment is connected.

I dunno man, I've mixed a few hundred shows on boards ranging from this sort of a thing up to fancy Midas/Yamaha/Crest gear.  The lack of inserts would be a deal breaker for me and anyone else who has ever needed to put a gate on the kick drum at the local rock bar.  Or a compressor on the bass or snare, or some dedicated processing on the lead vocal.  These are the sorts of things people are doing every day on gear just like this.

Do the 2 aux's that are routed to the effects also have analog outs or are you stuck with whatever is built in?  That would probably be a deal breaker as well.

Looks like a nice project studio interface.