Re: ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Presets are also useful as basis for sound designers and a must have
> for musicians who just want to make music.

As far as this is true, it is not an issue of ZynAddSubFX
specifically, but Linux audio in general.

We have an abundance of great software, but no portable
standard for sharing presets among DAWs and other plugin
hosts.

This isn't really true.

LADSPA has had a preset default system from day one that was host-neutral.
LV2 presets are also part of the LV2 API/namespace, and are host-neutral.

Load a plugin. Create a preset. Save the preset. The result should be portable across all LADSPA or LV2 hosts (as appropriate).