Re: ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

On 04/28/2016 11:52 AM, Christopher Arndt wrote:
Am 28.04.2016 um 21:06 schrieb Thorsten Wilms:
I do not see anything that would guide a user regarding the overall
structure of Zyn, it's all trees, no forest.

I wouldn't be so negative as Thorsten, I think it's definitely an
improvement over the old GUI, but I too think that it doesn't really
address the real issue of a too cluttered interface. There are just too
many settings and parameters and there is no real help from the
interface in breaking it down into managable sections. Looking at the
pictures, and not being overly familiar with Zyn, I'm not even sure,
which page is for which synthesis engine at a glance.

Check out Caustic (for Windows and Android). It presents synths as old-fashioned rack synths. So you have an FM synth, a Vocoder, etc.

I do like the preset browser, though. I think every synth or effect
software should have great preset managemen built in.

Yes! Can't imagine a synth without great present management would be very easy to use live.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx