Re: Music: Little Latin Jazz for Collaboration

On 03/22/2016 08:14 PM, fred wrote:
Le 21/03/2016 06:25, stephen.doonan@xxxxxxxxx a écrit :
Inspired by the latin-inflected chord progression of
jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx here--

https://m.soundcloud.com/nominal6/c2016-03

I composed a brief piano-based latin-jazz piece. It needs percussion
(drumkit, latin percussion, whatever) and has a space for a lead
instrument solo (guitar, sax, whatever), if anyone feels like adding
those collaboratively. I feel that whoever likes the piece enough to
collaborate should feel free to post their version of the file on
their website, SoundCloud, ReverbNation, BandCamp, or wherever.

Link to low-fi SoundCloud streaming MP3

https://soundcloud.com/stephen-c-doonan/latin-jazz-comp-needs-percussion-and-lead

If you click the download link, you'll get a high-res lossless file
(FLAC, 24-bit, 96kHz) to import into Ardour or whatever to add tracks to.

Recorded in Ardour. Space for lead solo, 16 bars, 8 repetitions of
2-chord comp (accompaniment) from 52 seconds in to 1:17

Comments (like "I hate the organ part" or "Not my style") welcome and
improvements considered.

(...)
Really nice, your piano touch reminds sometimes some Joe Jackson songs, can't find any title yet just a feeling from memories :)

Hey, good catch :) Supercool piano tune, and when you hit the bridge (I really like it) you kind of want to hear somebody sing :) but without voice, it also has a nice "70s movie soundtrack" vibe to it.

--
Philippe "xaccrocheur" Yassin
http://manyrecords.com