Re: Linux VST/VSTi list updated (Discovery Pro)

Greetings,

On 03/20/2016 05:22 PM, Christopher Arndt wrote:

re: Discovery Pro :

I just tried to test it, but I can't even get Carla to scan the plugin, even with processing checks turned off. It just hangs without any error messages to the console. I was trying to use the 64 bit version on Arch Linux. Discovery (no Pro) Demo scans and starts fine, but the context menus are missing the text. Same situation with Tracktion as the host: Discovery Pro 64 scan hangs, Discovery has same display errors.

I'm using registered versions of Discovery and DPro in Bitwig 1.3.6. BW has no display problems with either synth. Sound-wise, the Pro version works well with my hardware, but some patches are major CPU hogs, even on a 6-core 3.5 GHz box. I agree that the synth needs an optimization for multicore CPUs. I also have some of the u-he synths, including Diva. Some of its patches are heavy hitters too, but overall it's a better performer. u-he's ACE and Hive also perform very well, in Bitwig and Ardour4.

Best,

dp