Re: Routing MIDI Channels between ALSA and JACK

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Nacho Otal wrote:

Hello,
I’m working on a project where we’d like to interface a MIDI board (livid’s brain
jr.) to the IDJC application (http://idjc.sourceforge.net).

As of by now, we’re able to configure the board and send MIDI commands through
the USB port to the Ubuntu Studio that is our development box.

However, and as you’ll see in the attached screenshot
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss9i5bwaqzs5ays/idjc.png?dl=0), IDJC is only able to
retrieve MIDI Commands from JACK and not from ALSA.

a2j_control ehw start

This command can be run from qjackctl as a script so that starting jackdbus also starts a2jmidid.

a2jmidid allows jack to see alsa's midi ports.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net