Re: KXStudio as the regular distro ?

On 12/19/2015 03:38 PM, Harry van Haaren wrote:
On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 7:27 PM, jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx <jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello !
Hi,

Is it possible to replace an all-purpose distro like Linux Mint by
KXStudio and have the same basic functionality ?

KXStudio is repository of packages, in addition to a "normal" install. So "basic-functionality" is the exact same. Details on how to add KX repos here:
http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/Repositories

Any
drawbacks in running KXStudio as a main distro ?

Nope, no drawbacks at all - you will get more up-to-date audio packages, and probably *more* audio packages too. I enable the KX repos on all of my Debian/Ubuntu installs.

Hope that helps, -Harry

+1 KxStudio. I use anywhere from full iso install to KxRepos w/bunsen labs (continuation of crunchbang) and debian stretch.
also watch for upcoming AvLinux http://bandshed.net/AVLinux.html.
hth

--
www.the-temp-agency.com/lollipop-factory