Re: Jack sample-rate

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015, Will Godfrey wrote:

Also, as the OP is wanting this for DJ work wouldn't it be simpler to accept
some additional latency and pass the offending tracks through a 'live'
samplerate converter?

Considering that the broadcast community expects to resample and uses HW resample to do so, yes, that is the obvious answer. I find it hard to think of a DJ situation where anyone would be able to hear any difference. I don't think there would be any difference in an audiophile situation for that matter... I am not sure why a DJ would waste space on a drive to use 96k material in any case. Certainly the playback equipment will not show any difference... except maybe bad. Probably Neil Young DVDs.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net