is there a sonor for linux project ? and..

 Is it command line only?
 I may have found  a  lug here in Toronto.  or actually I have found one, but
 am only now starting to ask for help.
 someone mentioned this,  and I have never heard of sonar in Linux.
 Do people mind giving me again the strictly console / command line composing
 programs again so i can be sure they know what I want to use?
 There is lillypond, and Joel's program and Peters, with me not remembering
 their names....only that their descriptions look amazing!
 So I want to share what I already now will work via command line exclusively.
 Thanks,
 Karen