Re: Is there a newer, better "Jack Rack"?

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 09:34:04 -0800 (PST), Len Ovens wrote:
Linux sampler for example may cause problems for some packaging.

Hi Len,

I guess you're thinking about the GPL and that nobody maintains a
package for official Debian/Ubuntu repositories.

Regarding Caral's dependencies there might be concerns regarding
Steinberg, but I don't understand why there should be an issue regarding
Linuxsampler.

Not trying to pass judgement myself, only mentioning that the building of Carla is very versatile. I can't speak what should or should not be included in package archives only that I understand this is a reality a packager must face. This is perhaps one of the good defences for installing a basic system and building whatever is not included.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net