Re: Searching for audio interface with software-controlled mic gain

Thomas Janu <thomas.janu@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Di., 25. Aug. 2015 um 12:24 Uhr:
So if I understand this correctly there is a USB connection for audio and one would need an additional ethernet or wifi connection for controlling it?

Yes, that's the way you're usually working with it. There is some support for controlling it via USB/MIDI directly but AFAIK it is limited and software wise you'd be very much on your own. I vae not tested it. Mackie protocol support is advertised but not implemented (yet?).

The only things I'm interested in here is the control of the various gains and a two channel recording - seems like that could easily be done with this thing.

Yes, very easily.

I'm guessing the audio interface is class compliant and simply exposes all 18x18 channels via alsa?

Yes.

--Felix