Re: jack-rack poll

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015, david wrote:

1. How much is jack-rack used? Especially how much is it used by Ubuntu
    users.
2. Is there a replacement for jack-rack?

I plan to use it someday ...

I just checked Debian Sid and it's still there.

Why did Debian drop it? Isn't the most common reason a lack of a maintainer?

That is the reason, yes. Often the project is considered complete by the author and so no updates are done. The problem with this is the graphic libraries are not complete and do keep changing and at some point applications will no longer run on the newer libs. We lost GCDMaster the same way. There has been really IMO, no good replacement for it either.

So the trouble is, "it works, whats to update?", tends to fail eventually.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net