Re: Job - Germany - Multimedia Hardware Technician

On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 12:05:58 +0200, Felix Homann <linuxaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
@ Patrick

It seems to me that all y'all Germans are not feeling
the cuts like the rest of Europe. [...]

I think there's no need to pull in international politics to explain
the lack of interest in your offer.  Consider that your offer just
doesn't sound that tempting. There are at least two aspects that make
it seem questionable:

1. "must [...] enjoy driving on the autobahn."

Nobody in his right mind enjoys driving on the autobahn. Absolutely nobody!

2. "Own vehicle is also useful."

If employer expects you to drive regularly on the Autobahn, German
employees expect to get a company car.
It's as simple as this: If you're not offering a company car there's
something dubious about the offer and you can expect salary to be
subpar in general.

@Ralf Mardorf
There's no need to be aggressive towards Patrick. I'm deeply annoyed
by your comments.

Regads,
Felix

But anyway you repeat what I and btw. Fons actually already have written? In addition I also linked to the Jobbörse, English version, were serious employers can search for employees. Since it will be an international employment agreement, what ever the correct term for it might be, The Federal Employment Agency or a similar department has to be involved. Patrick is not from the EU. OTOH "the Greeks, Spanish and Italians" mentioned by him are from the EU and without any issue they can take his job offer and work in Germany, but seemingly they also don't want to do this job. Nothing in my mails actually is aggressive, you are just misinterpreting it. Patrick's job offer is strange and doesn't belong to a Linux mailing list and perhaps doesn't also belong to the German, resp. European market. IMO being prejudiced against Germans is aggressive. A lot of people here need a job and really get their money from bottle deposit. In e.g. parts of North Rhine-Westphalia unemployment rate is as bad as in south and east Europe. Btw. I know how customer acquisition and introducing new products for audio and video gear is done by companies for the German market, it's not done by keeping things secret as Patrick does.

Regards,
Ralf

PS:

Nobody in his right mind enjoys driving on the autobahn. Absolutely
nobody!

Foreigners ?  :)

Joking apart, foreigners often do not know how to behave on an Autobahn, it e.g. is a myth that you are allowed to drive as fast as you want. It's monotonous, but you need to be highly focused, this is not fun, even not with a very luxurious company car.